Water percentage in our blood and red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets

water importance for our bodies.

Water percentage in our blood and red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets:

Structure and Function of Blood | Biology for Majors II

Blood is a mixture of plasma and cells that circulate throughout the body. It is a special body fluid that provides essential nutrients, such as sugar, oxygen, and hormones. It also removes waste from body cells.

In the United States (U.S.), blood diseases killed between 9,000 and 10,000 people a year from 1999 to 2010.

 

Blood composition in our body:

Blood contains plasma, red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets.

Plasma:

It is about 55 percent of human blood. The remaining 45 percent of blood is mainly red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets.

Blood function in our body:

  • It provides oxygen to cells and tissues.
  • It provides essential nutrients to cells, such as amino acids, fatty acids, and sugars
    removing contaminants, such as carbon dioxide, urea, and lactic acid
    to protect the body from infection and foreign bodies through white blood cells
    moving hormones from one side of the body to the other, conveying messages, and completing vital processes.
  • It Regulates acidity (pH) and body temperature.
  • Inserting body parts where necessary, for example, penile formation as a response to sexual arousal.
  • Another important function of blood is its immune system. White blood cells protect the body against infections, foreign substances, and abnormal cells.
  • Plasma platelets allow for blood clotting. When bleeding occurs, the platelets come together to form a clot. The clots become cracked and stop bleeding, which also helps protect the wound from infection.

Blood plasma contains 92 percent water, and the remaining 8 percent other components including, carbon dioxide, sugar, hormones, protein, mineral salts, fat, and vitamins.
 

How much water needed for our bodies?

 

You may know that the water percentage in our blood is 92%. Our body uses water in all its cells, organs, and tissues and helps to regulate its temperature and perform other physiological functions.

Our body loses water through breathing, sweating, and digestion,  so it is very important to fulfill water needs by drinking fluids and eating food that contains water.

It depends on many factors such as the amount of water you need, the environment in which you live, physical conditions, whether you suffer from a disease or other health problems.

 

Water protects your tissues, spinal cord, and joints:

 

 

Water helps quench your thirst and regulates body temperature. It moisturizes the tissues in your body. 

Keeping our body hydrated helps maintain the water level in the blood, bones, and brain. In addition, water helps protect the spine, acts as a lubricant and pillow for your joints.

 

Water helps your body get rid of impurities:

 

Drinking enough water will help your body flush out wastes through sweat, urination, and defecation.

It uses the kidneys and liver to help eliminate waste such as your intestines. Water helps to soften your tops, prevents the anus, and moves the food you eat through the intestines.

However, it should be noted that there is no evidence to suggest that increasing your fluid intake will cure constipation.

 

Water helps  for digestion:

Anatomy, Bacteria, Bacterium, Bowels

 

Digestion begins with saliva, which is based on water. Digestion depends on the enzymes found in saliva to break down food and fluid and to dissolve minerals and other nutrients.

Complete digestion gives our body more access to minerals and nutrients. Water is also needed to absorb soluble fiber. With the help of water, this fiber easily dissolves and forms well and is good for your gut health by making soft food waste.

 

Water prevents dehydration:

 

Your body loses fluids when you exercise hard, sweat over high heat, get down with a fever, or get sick which causes vomiting and diarrhea.

If you are losing fluids for these reasons, it is important to increase your fluid intake so that your body can restore its natural hydration.

Your doctor may recommend drinking more fluids to treat other medical conditions such as bladder infections and urinary tract infections.

If you are pregnant, you may want to consult your doctor about your fluid intake, as your body consumes more fluids than usual, especially if you are breastfeeding.

 

Water requirements for our body:

 

About water, there are no hard and fast rules. Water percentage in blood according to a report on nutritional recommendations from the National Academy of Sciences Institute of Nutrition, most people find their daily hydration through drinking water when they are thirsty.

In fact, most people who are in good physical health get enough fluids from drinking water and other beverages when they are thirsty, and by drinking one drink per meal, according to the Centers for Disease Control.

If you are unsure about your hydration level, check your urine. If this is clear, you are in good shape. If it is dark, you will be dehydrated.

 

Red blood cells (RBCs), or erythrocytes: Designed as closed discs, which carry oxygen to the lungs.

Hemoglobin is a protein that contains iron and retains oxygen until it is absorbed. The life span of RBCs is 4 months, and the body is constantly changing.

Amazingly, our body produces about two million blood cells per second.

The expected number of RBCs for a single drop, or microliter, of blood, is 4.5 to 6.2 million for men and 4.0 to 5.2 million for women.

 

White blood cells, or leukocytes: White blood cells make up less than 1 percent of the blood content, and they provide vital defenses against disease and infections.

The average number of white blood cells in a blood microliter is between 3,700 and 10,500. High and low levels of white blood cells can indicate disease.

 

Platelets, or thrombocytes: These combine to form proteins that prevent or stop bleeding. There should be between 150,000 and 400,000 platelets per microliter per blood.

RBCs, white blood cells, and platelets are produced in the bone marrow before entering the bloodstream. Plasma is the majority of water that is absorbed through food and ingestion.